- It’s even harder to get up at 5:30 on a Sunday than it is on a Friday workday.
- There are fewer people on a train before dawn on weekends, but there are still more than you would expect.
- A lot of people that are on the train that early on the weekend look like they are involved in sports. I guess that makes sense. It looked like an entire woman’s tournament (maybe volleyball) was going somewhere south in Dallas.
- It’s cold before the sun comes up.
- I estimated that the sun’s disk would rise up in the center of Main Street in Downtown Dallas two days after the official henge date.
- I was pretty much right.
I took a lot of photographs in the short few seconds that the sun peeked up down Main Street. I’ll probably post some more as I post-process them.
So now I’ve done it, I don’t have to get up that early and go anymore. Well, maybe not. As I was walking back towards the train, I discovered another spot with a morning “henge” view directly down Elm street, right along the schoolbook depository. It wasn’t as scenic as main street, but had a more “canyon” appearance. Maybe next year I’ll go and shoot that one.