Maybe I should take this list and try to get through it before I die (probably right before). So far, before reading the article, I’ve been to five (that I can remember).
The 15 Spots for the Best Drunk Food In New Orleans
I’m sorry…. but this is simply too stoopid to pass up:
Something has exploded in a spectacular fashion on Uranus
Sometimes I look ahead and read a book because there is a movie coming out at some future date made from the book. Thus it is with Hunter Thompson’s The Rum Diary.
I enjoyed the book more than it deserved. That whole Caribbean Ex-Pat wasting away in Margaritaville, almost getting killed by the government dictator’s thugs thing is very attractive to me. Probably better read (and written about) than lived.
The movie is out now and it looks good. At least to me.
It is interesting that this is the second time Johnny Depp has played Hunter S. Thompson in a film. I always thought that Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was unfilmable… and the film proved me right. This one should be very different.
Here’s Why No One Reads Your Blog
- You’re Boring
- You’re a Waffler
- You’re not a Controversialist
How Blogging Taught Me to Be a Writer
- Discipline: writing on a schedule
- Discipline: writing even when you don’t feel like writing
- First drafts don’t have to be perfect
- In fact, it’s okay to write first drafts that are so bad they end up in the trash
- I’ve learned to hone in on the details and connections in daily life so I can write about them
- I know how crucial it is to let a piece rest
- I’ve also learned that sometimes good enough has to be good enough
- A career in writing involves mandatory, non-writing activity
- Sometimes a blog post launches into the internet … and nobody cares
- The best part: every one of the above lessons has carried over into other forms of writing